Guests staying at the Hotel Xenia can begin their island excursions right from the island's magical capital town.
Naxos Island has a long and rich history, as it was always an island of strategic and commercial interest for many different nations, making it today a sightseeing jewel of the Cyclades Islands Cluster.
The influence of the various rulers is apparent in the sheer abundance and variety of historical sites.
Attractions worth visiting are the following:
- • Portara at Chora
- • The Ancient Mycenean City at Grotta in Chora
- • The Venetian Castle at Chora
- • The Tower of Bellonia at Galanado
- • The Kouros of Apollo at Apollonas Village
- • The Kouros in Flerio at Melanes Village
- • The Mycenean Tombs at Aplomata
- • The Towers in Melanes
- • The Sanctuary of Dimitra and Apollo at Gyrouls
- • The Iria ancient site
- • The Windmills and Castles in Sagri
- • The 17th Century Zevgoli Castle in Apirathos
- • The Natural History Museum at Chora
- • The Metropolis Museum at Chora